- PSA: The property tax rebate program has been extended through the end of December.
- Ald. Pat Dowell (3) welcomed a new business, Renaissance Bronzeville, opening this week: “After the unforeseen closing of the esteemed Jokes and Notes comedy club earlier this year, I worked with established businessmen John McClendon and Shun Dyes to bring a much needed upscale entertainment venue to the 47th and King Drive corridor. Their experience and expertise in running established businesses in the South Loop (Tantrum), South Shore (Exchange Urban Hang Suite), and Indianapolis (Tantrum Indianapolis) made my decision to support this new African American owned venture rather simple.”
- Ald. Roderick Sawyer’s (6) next senior meeting is December 8.
- Ald. Susan Sadlowski Garza (10) says her senior Hawaiian holiday lunch is filling up fast.
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) described an emergency community meeting convened after the death of Kajuan Raye, concluding, “I believe that while this tragedy was unfortunate, ultimately we will emerge stronger because of it, not only as it pertains to our relationship with the police, but also as a community as a whole.”
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) says the water boil advisory is on until this afternoon for one stretch of Albany Ave.
- Ald. John Arena (45) encouraged those donating on Giving Tuesday (today) to choose Carl Schurz High School teacher Mr. Aresnie’s Donors Choose projects.