- Ald. Patrick D. Thompson (11) attended the ribbon cutting at the Eleanor Boat House with Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Park District CEO Michael Kelly. “This is a great asset to our community especially with all of the different organizations involved and the programs that are going to be offered.”
- Ald. Matt O’Shea’s (19) holiday dodgeball tournament has returned.
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) canceled ward night for the honorary street naming of the 2100 block of North Tripp as “Disney Family Avenue.” “We’re excited to celebrate Walt Disney’s birthday at his birthplace in the 35th Ward alongside Nixon School families and Hermosa residents!”
- Ald. Emma Mitts (37) got to ride in a Batmobile during a holiday parade.
- Ald. Marge Laurino (39) met with Jong-Kook Lee, Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Chicago, and says they are both “committed to making the Albany Park branch library a great resource for all of those that live, work, and read in the 39th Ward.”
- Ald. John Arena (45) shared a picture from yesterday’s Progressive Caucus press conference on the hate speech resolution considered in committee. “We want to make sure our Muslim community knows that they are welcomed in our multicultural city. In times of uncertainity, we must celebrate diversity and embrace our neighbors.”
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) tagged Gov. Bruce Rauner in a tweet: “We will hold a special city council meeting to hear from you on your plans to represent and defend your constituents in Chicago”
- Comm John Daley (D-11) celebrated his birthday yesterday.