- PSA: Street closures for the Chicago Marathon.
- Ald. Pat Dowell (3) a breast cancer survivor, shared some “staggering” statistics for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and encouraged others to get tested. “In 2008 alone, breast cancer was responsible for 458,503 deaths globally. It is the most common invasive cancer in women, affecting about 12% of female population worldwide… Early detection is critical!”
- Ald. Anthony Beale’s (9) is accepting RSVPs for his Senior Thanksgiving dinner.
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) has “created a revised and stricter version of the City’s defunct Wage Theft Ordinance” calling for “stricter guidelines and penalties. Previous penalties were laxly instituted creating a high rate of corporate and business recidivist wage theft,” according to a press release his office sent. He plans to introduce it on Wednesday.
- Ald. David Moore (17) encouraged write-ins for Maryam Ahmad for Judge Hopkins’ vacancy in November.
- Ald. Gilbert Villegas (36) says of this WSJ article on Wall Street profits from CPS’ bond deal: “This is insane.”
- Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41) gave his Ward Superintendent Mike Imperatrice a shout out and posted pics from his pancake breakfast and mass for first responders.
- City Treasurer Kurt Summers says he’s “proud to stand with working families from Chicago and across the nation by divesting in Wells Fargo & Co. Chicago deserves better.”