- PSA: You can early vote now!
- Ald. David Moore (17) shared pics from the Whole Foods grand opening: “A big thank you to Mayor Rahm Emanuel for his leadership on this project. Thank you to the late Alderman Joann Thompson for her vision and to Alderman ToniFoulkes for bringing that vision to fruition. When we purposely work together, it can be one Chicago rather than two Chicago’s.” Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) also thanked the late Ald. Thompson.
- Ald. Howard Brookins Jr. (21) is hosting a a two part forum as Chair of the Education Committee on October 4. “The first part of the forum our panelists will address the effects violence has upon children, families, and communities,” with CPD Supt. Eddie Johnson, CPS Chief Education Officer Janice Jackson, Bishop Larry Roberts, Sr., and Pam Bosley of Purpose Over Pain. “The second segment’s main purpose is to provide parents and concerned citizens with solutions and resources that will assist in combating violence.”
- Ald. Ricardo Munoz (22) tweeted about the Noble mailers controversy.
- Ald. Walter Burnett Jr. (27) posted pics with Mayor Rahm Emanuel at a groundbreaking ceremony and an event at Skinner Elementary.
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) shared a safety tip to avoid dooring bicyclists.
- Ald. Michele Smith (43) is looking for interns.
- Ald. James Cappleman (46) shared a story about how to talk teens out of gang life: “Earlier this week during the school day, I saw a young kid hanging around some known P-Stones. Here’s a way to help.”
- City Treasurer Kurt Summers supports The Reader: “
#ImwithBen #SavetheReader @joravben and his colleagues in the News Guild need and deserve our support
- Tickets for the Latino Caucus’ upcoming foundation gala have sold out, but they’re still accepting charitable donations.