- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) posted this pic from the designation of Chicago as #1 bicycling city by Bicycling Magazine. “The 1st Ward hosted this announcement at Julia de Burgos Park earlier today. Proud that the 1st Ward has some of the best bicycling routes and a high participation of bicyclists in the city!”
- Ald. Susan Sadlowski Garza (10) toured her ward with DePaul Students. “They were amazed at all the beautiful things the 10th ward has to offer. State Park, Big Marsh, Harbor side , International Port, Steel workers Park, People Spot, Steelworkers Park, just to name a few.”
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) marked the first day of his ward’s Alley Maintenance Initiative. “With the help of the Mayor’s Office and the Department of Streets and Sanitation, alleys in the 15th Ward saw overgrown vegetation cut back and cleared.”
- Ald. Danny Solis (25) posted this update on recent arsons in Pilsen: “The Fire Commissioner has been working with the Chicago Police Department and Chicago Building Department on what exactly happened. It has been determined the arsonist started a fire in garbage cans near two buildings on the 2200 block of South Blue Island… The arson investigation is still in process, but the two buildings have been torn down.” He also congratulated 25th Ward Sweeper Driver Corey Ray and his son Corey Jr on being drafted to the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Ald. Chris Taliaferro (29) is hosting a public safety meeting and a BBQ with Cook County Comm. Richard Boykin this week.
- Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41) dedicated a street sign to Ron the Barber. “Ron has been a pillar in our community and a constant advocate for many causes for over thirty years. It was Ron’s day to celebrate his years of dedication but instead he used the moment to advocate for a young girl in our community fighting cancer!”
- If you have a downtown problem, tweet @AldReilly (42). He’s on it.
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) tweeted his responses to former CPD Supt. Garry McCarthy’s City Club speech yesterday: “Making convo on police either/or, for/against, demanding blind deference for public safety depts, and FOP Trump endorsement are problems.” and “Poverty policing is the problem and broken windows theory is broken.”