- PSA: Today’s the ONLY day to sign up for the city’s roof and porch repair program.
- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) posted a picture from yesterday’s Economic, Capital, and Technology Development committee meeting, which included testimony about Mondelez’s decision to outsource bakery jobs to Mexico: “Mondelez was invited and although they did not attend, we heard powerful testimony from a union worker impacted by the closure of this plant, and a rep from the Chicago Federation of Labor who spoke about the need to reinvest in industrial jobs in our our City… The work will continue.”
- Ald. Michelle Harris’ (8) back to school jamboree is this weekend.
- Ald. David Moore (17), Ald. Howard Brookins (21), Ald. Rod Sawyer (6), Ald. Derrick Curtis (18), State Sen. Jacqueline Collins, and State Rep. Mary Flowers will attend the 79th Street Renaissance Festival this weekend.
- Ald. Michael Scott Jr. (24) pitched his vision for a new, Ravinia-like music venue in Douglas Park at a forum at the Douglas Park Cultural Center last night.
- Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41), Ald. Nick Sposato (38), Ald. John Arena (45) and Ald. Gilbert Villegas (36), met with CPD Superintendent Eddie Johnson to discuss recent crimes in the 016th District and the need for more police officers. Napolitano said he’s “happy to report that we have been guaranteed a large number of PO’s assigned to 016 District in October, then another large number of PO’s assigned to 016 in December.”
- Ald. Brendan Reilly (42) retweeted some groundbreaking and honorary street unveiling coverage from yesterday.
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) tweeted this Politico article: “Bustos’ bill making it harder to resettle Syrian refugees & gun votes make me say meh.I’m hoping for @SenatorDurbin.”