If you have a passion for state and local political news along with experience investigating the work of government at either the state or local level, then an opening at The Daily Line may be of interest to you.
We are looking for a reporter to join our team in our pursuit to cover policy and politics throughout the state. This person should have a keen understanding of Chicago, Cook County and Illinois politics and must be able to produce original reports focusing on the development of legislation and those who engage and influence the process. Applicants must be attentive to emerging stories, digitally engaged and capable of delivering thoughtful commentary across print, digital, radio, social and other channels.
If this is you or someone you know, please review or share the job description.
Job Title: Reporter
This team member is responsible for the enterprising, development, and production of insightful and detailed content for The Daily Line news platforms.
- Produce content for weekday digital newsletter, website and social platforms.
- Support the creation of special reports, guides and other member exclusive content.
- Work with team members to provide necessary coverage and enterprise stories daily.
- Curate a network of sources.
- Represent The Daily Line on television, radio, and at public/private events.
- Participate in collaborations with other news organizations.
- Help in the development news partnerships.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Exemplary story sense.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Strong social presence.
4+ years experience covering government with a recognized media outlet that publishes daily.
Proven ability to enterprise stories involving often complex issues involving ongoing narratives.
- Ability to meet expectations of daily deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits offered will be discussed during the interview process.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Reporter Job Application” in the subject line.
About The Daily Line:
The Daily Line (TDL) is an essential news resource for professionals across Illinois. Since 2007, we have reported on the contours of power in city, county and state government. Our detailed newsletters, published every weekday, provide an inside look at the actions taken by decision-makers that can only be gleaned by monitoring the committee meetings and commission hearings where the rigorous work of governing is done.