- Ald. Brian Hopkins (2) tweeted his own rainbow pic last night: “beautiful rainbow over the Clybourn PMD. going to the end to hopefully find a pot of transportation project funds”
- Ald. Patrick Daley Thompson (11) donned a lei for a senior luau with CPD’s Commander Godsel last night.
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) marched in a Hugs No Slugs Peace Walk in West Englewood & Englewood, “despite the light rain & weather.”
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) live-tweeted yesterday’s Human Relations committee discussion on protected status for Ecuadorians after April’s earthquake, #tps4ecuador.
- Ald. Emma Mitts (37) is hosting her 16th annual back to school Gospel Fest on August 6.
- Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41) and Ald. Sue Sadlowski Garza shared the site saveourcpskids.org. Napolitano wrote: “Please take a moment to sign this petition to the stop privatization of IUOE Local 143 engineers and encourage your family and friends to do the same.” The site’s facts page says “While CPS schools are threatened with 30 percent budget cuts, teacher layoffs, staff cutbacks and supply shortages – SodexoMagic Facilities Management Company funneled $250,000 in campaign cash to Rahm Emanuel in exchange for a lucrative contract award of $80 million to privatize our engineers and custodians.” Napolitano also encouraged attendance at the 16th District Chicago Police Department tonight, where there will be a prayer vigil “for the Dallas Police officers who lost their lives and for the continued safety of our Chicago First-Responders. Blue attire, flowers, balloons and candles are encouraged. Please come out and show your support!”
- Ald. John Arena (45) shared a Facebook meet up event tonight: “Why not head to Six Corners this Friday and ‘catch ’em all’?” 40 people interested. 22 people going.
- Ald. James Cappleman (46) commented on the Parks’ Department boxing program: “On Daley Plaza we have 2 young boys boxing. Given what we know about developing brains and concussions, WHY?”