Following yesterday’s inaugural festivities, the Progressive Caucus sent out a release laying out their priorities:
- “ensuring that the City upholds its end of the pension promise to its workers”
- passing legislation for “earned sick time and paid maternity and parental leave” and $15 an hour minium wage
- “hiring at least 500 new police officers above the rate of attrition”
- “expand the capacity of the Inspector General”
- “fighting for an elected, representative school board, advocating for fair treatment and compensation for our teachers, and by calling for increased accountability for charter schools”
The Caucus is made up of 11 members: Ald. Leslie Hairston (5), Ald. Roderick Sawyer (6), Ald. Susan Sadlowski Garza (10), Ald. Toni Foulkes (16), Ald. David Moore (17), Ald. Ricardo Muñoz (22), Ald. Chris Taliaferro (29), Ald. Scott Waguespack (32), Ald. Carlos Ramirez Rosa (35), Ald. Nick Sposato (38) and Ald. John Arena (45).