- Ald. Leslie Hairston (5) shared her open letter on the Obama Presidential Library.
- Ald. Greg Mitchell (7) collaborated with the young people from the Rebecca K. Crown Youth Center, Powell Elementary School, and Olive-Harvey College make hundreds of Valentine’s Day cards for the senior citizens at Symphony of South Shore and Villa at Windsor Park.
- Ald. Patrick D. Thompson’s (11) next quarterly meeting is March 7.
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) says the mayor’s reported use of the f word in a discussion with Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) is “not appreciated”. He says he’ll urge the Latino Caucus to vote no to the mayor’s proposed property tax rebate money plans.
- Ald. Ed Burke (14) will join Mayor Emanuel “and members of the O’Hare family to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Lt. Commander Edward “Butch” O’Hare’s heroic WWII Mission.”
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) spoke to the Chicago Bar Association “about the importance of ‘No Kill’ policies in Chicago.”
- Ald. Danny Solis (25) participated in #DayWithoutImmigrants, standing in solidarity with organizations in Pilsen.
- Ald. Roberto Maldonado (26) says he’s “proud of the 26th Ward businesses closed in solidarity for today’s #DayWithoutImmigrants protest. You make Chgo stronger.”
- Ald. Scott Waguespack (32) issued some warnings to his friend Ald. John Arena (45) about his line of questioning on the Midway contract. Waguespack has a fundraiser on March 30.
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) will participate in this year’s Polar Plunge.
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) tweeted from yesterday’s Health Committee hearing on the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Ald. Gilbert Villegas (36) recognized the “Love Ambassadors” at Reinberg School.
- Ald. Anthony Napolitano’s (41) participatory budgeting program starts today.
- Ald. Michele Smith (43) says she’ll be hosting public safety meetings throughout March. We’d like to extend our well wishes to the alderman, who we’ve learned recently got engaged. Congratulations, Ald. Smith!
- Ald. John Arena (45) tweeted about a plan that passed the Plan Commission yesterday. “This is the first piece of the plan to revitalize the Jefferson Park gateway, and the entire neighborhood.”
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) says “Immigrants make Illinois and our country great. I am the son of immigrants and I will always stand #InSolidarity with our immigrant neighbors. No human being is illegal and we will never be Trump’s America.#WeMustResist #DayWithoutImmigrants
Comm. Bridget Gainer (D-10) gave a “Shout out to @rlopez15thward for standing up to the acts of violence in our city and proposing solutions. #StopTheViolence” She also shared stats from a recent hearing on the ACA.