- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) tweeted assurances: “There have been rumors about ICE checkpoints at CTA locations: IT IS NOT TRUE. CTA and CPD won’t ask u 2 prove u are in the US legally.”
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) has two words after a 12 year old succumbed to her shooting injury: “WTF Chicago?”
- Ald. David Moore (17) says “As legislatures have the discussion around “Truth In Sentencing”, it is important that we include wrap around services. We just can’t say longer sentencing for repeat offenders without wrap around services for the entire family.”
- Ald. Matt O’Shea (19) is recruiting for his polar plunge team (Ald. Pat Dowell (3) says it’s not her cup of tea, but she’ll contribute).
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) snapped a pic of an unsuspecting Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41) on her morning train ride.
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) shared info on todays’ health committee meeting, which will include “a subject matter hearing on my resolution expressing support for the Standing Rock Sioux Indian Tribe and their fight to protect the sacred and halt the construction of the Dakota Access pipeline.”
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) retweeted a picture of his “packed” fundraiser.
- City Clerk Anna Valencia launched her listening tour with Ald. Anthony Beale (9) and Ald. Michelle Harris (8) “Over the next several weeks, our goal is to bring together Chicago residents from all 50 wards to solicit input on how to make our office an example of what government can do to improve the day-to-day lives of people across the City.”
Comm. Richard Boykin (D-1) continued his Black History Month series on his Facebook. Yesterday’s entry: James Armistead Lafayette.
- Comm. John Fritchey (D-12) issued a strong endorsement for Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) for governor. “I know that there are naysayers who say that this is a fight that can’t be won. But it is often the hardest battles that most need to be fought and there are messages that the public deserves and needs to hear. Ameya will bring fresh ideas and a fresh face to a public who is yearning for just those things. He has the desire, talent, vision and drive to work to put our state back on the right path by being a Governor for all of Illinois not just a chosen few. I hope that you will join me in supporting Ameya Pawar for Governor.”