- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) put together a Q&A on ward public safety questions from recent town hall meetings.
- Ald. Pat Dowell’s (3) next town hall is Thursday. It includes discussion of COPA and CPD’s Use of Force.
- Ald. Sophia King (4) will host one of her “On the Block” events today at the Eleven City Diner.
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) broke a lot of hearts yesterday. So did Ald. Michael Scott Jr. (24).
- Ald. Matt O’Shea (19) says the February issue of the 19th Ward Quarterly will be in every mailbox in Beverly, Morgan Park, and Mount Greenwood this week.
- Ald. Roberto Maldonado (26) tweeted “#ToImmigrantsWithLove, your presence makes our community strong. You make Chicago & the nation better! Join us and share your letter.”
- Ald. Ariel Reboyras (30) is fundraising for this year’s Polar Plunge.
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) tweeted another “#ToImmigrantsWithLove, as Americans we believe that we are better because you are here. Join us and share your letter.”
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) has a valentine. For Comm. Chuy Garcia.
- Ald. Marge Laurino (39) says thoughts and prayers are with the family of Konrad Tucharski, a Department of Water Management employee who died when a trench collapsed at the construction project at Sauganash and Peterson. “The project where this occurred is currently on hold while officials investigate the collapse. We will provide further updates on this project as they become available.” Committeeman Robert Murphy shared some ways to help.
- Ald. John Arena (45) has an immigrant resources site.
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) tweeted in response to the news of the CPS lawsuit. “We need funding equity,progressive revenue,more resources for poorer districts,& less wealthy people with myopic views on public education.”
- Ald. Harry Osterman (48) cut the ribbon at The Growling Rabbit in Edgewater. “If you haven’t been in for coffee, baked goods, or delicious food yet, you are missing out!”
Comm. Richard Boykin (D-1) sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions asking “for more federal agents to fight this crime!” He was referring to the six children killed in Chicago so far in 2017. “We must act!”
- Comm. Stanley Moore (D-4), Ald. Howard Brookins (21), and State Rep. Justin Slaughter are hosting a night at the Oscars on February 26.
- Comm. Bridget Gainer (D-10) is “co-hosting 1st City-County hearing with @Alderman_Pawar & @40thWard on the need of #ACA to protect our residents & workforce” this morning.
- Comm. John Fritchey (D-12) is kicking off his for re-election campaign next month. “One of the realities of politics is that campaigning costs money. That’s why most elected officials have several fundraisers every year. On the other hand, I haven’t had a fundraiser in over a year and a half and I need your help now!”