- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) met with parents and officials from Clemente, Wells, and LaSalle II schools to discuss bringing a language academy high school to the ward.
- Ald. Brian Hopkins (2) and Sheriff Tom Dart invited the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms “to use 13th District as joint task force locale.” He, Ald. Michele Smith (43), Ald. Ameya Pawar (47), and Ald. Deb Silverstein (50) attended the interfaith meet-up at the recently vandalized Loop synagogue yesterday.
- Ald. Pat Dowell (3) and local stakeholders hit “a major milestone” in efforts to build a bigger, better field house at Williams Park in Dearborn Homes.
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) says his community is “outraged by Trump’s statements blaming documented for Chgo violence. Shame on him! Scapegoats!”
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa’s (35) statement on President Trump: ““This is another one of President Trump’s ‘alternative facts,’ a continuation of Trump’s attacks on immigrants, Muslims, women, Chicago’s youth, and our working families. It is wrong that the President of the United States would seek to scare and divide the American people.”
- Ald. John Arena (45) says he’s “saddened to see such hateful imagery and language occur in one of Jefferson Park’s former beloved Catholic schools and soon-to-be-home of a pre-k center.” The school was vandalized and graffitied with hate speech. “Now more than ever, we must open our hearts and minds to one another and be accepting of our differences.”
- Ald. Harry Osterman (48) is proud to see Metropolis Coffee “listed as the first Edgewater food establishment to join the Sanctuary Restaurants movement!”
- City Clerk Anna Valencia and Ald. Danny Solis (25) co-issued a statement: “The President’s recent statements attempting to link immigration and crime are not only shameful but also incredibly dangerous. The current administration should stop putting out ‘alternative facts’ that criminalize populations on baseless claims and should instead focus on leading the country.”
Comm. Bridget Gainer (D-10) has declared Wu Wednesday the best thing she’s ever seen: Wu Tang+Kung Fu+ramen.
- Comm. John Daley (D-11) thanked the Civic Federation for their support of the Board’s efforts to streamline the meeting schedule.
- Comm. John Fritchey (D-12) has sworn off Trump posts for 48 hours, opting for a pic of his pup in the meantime.
- Comm. Sean Morrison (R-17) shared a statement he co-issued with Comm. Richard Boykin (D-1) on yesterday’s federal help debate: “Sadly, citizens continue to be murdered in record numbers while Cook County elected officials chose partisan politics over needed resources.”