- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) shared pics of the standing room only crowd at last night’s West Town Community Meeting.
- Ald. Pat Dowell’s (3) next town hall meeting will include discussion of COPA and CPD’s use of force.
- Ald. Sophia King (4) won another big endorsement: Sen. Dick Durbin.
- Ald. Patrick D. Thompson (11) and several other elected officials donned red scarves and posed for a Chinese New Year picture.
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) joined EPA workers at a rally against nomination of Scott Pruitt.
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) noted “Oak Park just voted unanimously to adopt model sanctuary ordinance with no carve outs, time for Chicago to catch up.”
- Ald. Michele Smith (43) will join the Jewish Federation of Greater Chicago Wednesday at noon “to rally against hate at the Loop Synagogue”.
- Ald. Joe Moore’s (49) “27th Annual FREE VALENTINE’S DAY FILM EXTRAVAGANZA” at the New 400 Theaters will feature kid friendly movies this weekend.
- City Treasurer Kurt Summers wrote on Facebook: “I’m a public school kid, and what I learned in school is that experience is important. That’s why I urge the Senate to vote NO on Betsy DeVos. This is too important an issue.”
- City Clerk Anna Valencia had a “Great conversation on immigration and access to education this morning with the Latino Caucus.”
Comm. Pete Silvestri (R-9) presented a “congratulatory resolution to Mayor Arlene Juracek commemorating the centennial anniversary of the Village of Mount Prospect.”
- Comm. John Daley (D-11) was “Disappointed to read about the Chicago Loop Synagogue being vandalized over the weekend. There is no place in our society for such hateful behavior.”