- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) supports the mayor’s efforts to host welcoming events “& look fwd to setting up like dinners w/ @eriehouse & other 1st Ward community orgs”.
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) shared a pic from last night’s immigration workshop.
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) thanked those who showed up to his 2017 First Quarter Ward meeting: 9th District Commander Stephen Chung, CPD, OEMC & BACP… Special thanks to Chief Judge Timothy Evans for giving a very spirited presentation on the courts & the active role they play in shaping justice in our communities.”
- Ald. Deb Mell (33) introduced the ward’s new alderpup, Penny.
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) posted a flashback pic from a year ago in Iowa, where he campaigned for Bernie Sanders.
- Ald. Pat O’Connor (40) penned a missive about presidential fiats. “How can these good goals become so disdainful? I have come to the conclusion that the answer is twofold. First, a good goal for a bad reason can be harmful and insidious and second, the stated goals can be pretexts to achieve goals that, if articulated, would be universally rejected as inappropriate for a civilized society.”
- Ald. James Cappleman (46) tweeted about income inequality: “In the 1970’s, the difference between highest paid worker and lowest paid worker was around 40%. Today, it’s around 400%. Not sustainable.”
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) says it’s time for the city to sue the Trump administration over the sanctuary city directive.
Comm. Richard Boykin (D-1) is hosting a Neighborhood Revitalization Act Town Hall meeting February 4th. There will be free hot breakfast served.
- Comm. Sean Morrison (R-17) congratulated Andrew Holmes, who was “named a 2016 recipient of #FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award today in Chicago.” He is the president of Operation Restoring Innocence and a 2014 FBI Chicago Citizens Academy graduate. He shared this tweet from Bill Mitchell, which he said was “Poignant”.