- Ald. George Cardenas (12) is looking for spring interns.
- Ald. David Moore (17) is hosting Supt. Eddie Johnson, COPA Chief Sharon Fairley, and Police Board President Lori Lightfoot at an upcoming community meeting.
- Ald. Matt O’Shea (19) attended a CPD CompStat meeting “in support of the men & women of the 22nd District for all they do to keep the 19th Ward safe.”
- Ald. Jason Ervin (28), Ald. Raymond Lopez (15), Ald. George Cardenas (12), Ald. Walter Burnett (27) and Ald. Tom Tunney (44) joined community groups to call for spending extra property tax money on violence prevention. Ald. Lopez said: “Now is not the time for posturing or half-measures. We must put down a serious down payment to win back our children from the culture of violence that seeks to consume them.”
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) will participate in the CPS furlough walk-in with CTU.
- Ald. Gilbert Villegas (36) says of CPD efforts on minority recruiting: “It’s not just recruiting minorities but actually hiring minorities. The employment numbers for the city are abysmal. #notmuchdiversity“
- Ald. Ameya Pawar (47) missed out on committee hearings to head to “Moline/Rock Island to talk education funding, universal childcare, jobs/capital bill, and criminal justice reform.”
- City Council’s Aldermanic Black Caucus joined Congressman Danny Davis and other elected leaders “to discuss our demands for investment in Black communities with the Chicago Sun-Times Editorial Board“.