- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) is planning to attend the Women’s March this weekend. So is Ald. Michele Smith (43).
- Ald. George Cardenas (12) said “McKinley Park was one of only 12 city wide communities without one murder for 2016. Let’s continue that trend by communicating with my office, the police, attending CAPS meetings and being involved with community organizations.”
- Ald. David Moore (17) mourned the passing of CDOT Deputy Commissioner Bob Myers. “Just as you did with our streets, your light shined in our lives, now God has called you to be a bright star in the heavens. Rest In Heaven My Brother. You are already missed.”
- Ald. Roberto Maldonado (26) celebrated Oscar Lopez Rivera’s clemency, granted by President Obama yesterday. “Thank you to everyone who wrote letters, tweets, emails, signed petitions, protested and prayed!… Your voices were heard!” He’s been agitating for Rivera’s release for a few weeks.
- Ald. Walter Burnett (27) has pics from the ribbon cutting of the Chicago Children’s Theatre’s “first-ever permanent home- an $8.5 million adaptive reuse of the former 12th District Chicago Police Station.”
- Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35) said yesterday was “A tremendous day for liberty – Oscar Lopez Rivera and Chelsea Manning are going home!”
- Ald. Emma Mitts’ (37) Pastor’s Alliance has new t-shirts.
- Ald. Marge Laurino (39) and Ald. Anthony Napolitano (41) swore in the new Board of Directors for the Sauganash Chamber of Commerce and the Edgebrook Chamber of Commerce last week at Wildwood Tavern.
- Ald. John Arena (45) unveiled plans for schools in the 45th Ward at a recent local meeting, “including the annex at Prussing and a new early education center at Saint Cornelius.”
- Ald. Joe Moore (49) has pics of Ward Superintendent Dan Murphy and State Representative Kelly Cassidy in waders clearing sewers at Jarvis and Ashland. “Now that’s service!”
Comm. Richard Boykin (D-1) wished Betty White a happy birthday. She was born in Oak Park.
- Comm. Sean Morrison (R-17) says he’s also “done with everyone overreacting about Trump and wanting him to fail. If he fails, America fails.” He’s introducing a Trump support resolution today.