- Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1) says he’s successfully lobbied Supt. Eddie Johnson to add more police to the ward by the spring of 2017: “The additional officers will start to be added immediately and continued to be added continuously through next Spring. Stay tuned for actual numbers and a timeline.”
- Ald. Brian Hopkins (2) is using menu money to install a security camera at the site of a recent shooting in Gold Coast.
- Ald. Raymond Lopez (15) thanked the “Illinois Council on Handgun Violence, Brighton Park Neighborhood Council, Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council, The Resurrection Project, the Peace & Education Coalition, former members of CeaseFire, as well as local residents” who testified on his gun resolution in committee yesterday.
- Ald. Tom Tunney (44) shared an update on two men caught for armed robbery of a senior.
- City Treasurer Kurt Summers shared this Crain’s article about cracking down on online predatory lenders to small businesses: “SB 2865 will change the game and make Illinois safe from such behavior.”
- The Progressive Caucus shared a picture of Ald. Toni Foulkes (16), Ald. Scott Waguespack (32), Ald. Carlos Ramirez Rosa (35), and Ald. John Arena (45) from the annual Local Progress/Center for Popular Democracy convening meeting in Pittsburgh over the weekend.